Copyright 2012: Your company
Bryn Hafren School is an 11 to 19 girls comprehensive school for approximately 1300 students which share a mixed joint 6th Form with Barry Comprehensive School.
Our catchment area is the Vale of Glamorgan, stretching from Rhoose in the west, to Wenvoe in the north, and to Ely in eastern Cardiff, comprising the town of Barry in the centre.
We are a highly popular and successful school with a large and well qualified staff of teachers virtually all of whom teach within their specialist area.
Our intake covers a wide social and ability spectrum, SEN pupils are fully integrated into mainstream classes, with IEPs supporting their work and progression.
We work closely with the LEA to use value-added data for
target-setting with each individual pupil and Learning Managers mentor individual students as required.
Our examination results point to the success of this process over recent years.
Our Aims are:
• To help all pupils reach their full potential
• To prepare pupils to be the citizens of tomorrow
• To enable all pupils to have equal access to all that the school offers.
• To develop in pupils a sense of self-worth and respect for others
• To promote in pupils a caring community spirit